You may order your repeat medication by:
- Online via the link at the top of this page. Please ask for details of this at reception.
- By putting your request slip (the right had side of your prescription) through the box at the dispensary. Please remember to tick the boxes adjacent to the medication you require. Or posting it to us.
- The practice dispensary also enables doctors to dispense complete courses of medication when visiting patients at home. Patients who are housebound or isolated have found this service particularly helpful.
- Please allow 7 working days for your prescription to be disepensed.
- Please note the Dispensary is shut on Wednesdays 10am-10:30am. Please do not attend the dispensary during these working hours.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Please be aware our new dispensary opening times are 8am - 5:30pm. We've also changed our dispensary prescription line times to 10:30am - 2:30pm.
With these new changes this should help improve the waiting times for both the dispensary queue and prescription line.
Please note the Dispensary is shut on Wednesdays 10am-10:30am. Please do not attend the dispensary during these working hours.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
Temporary Dispensary Opening Times
We will be temporarily operating reduced hours until further notice.
Monday 8 – 17:30
Tuesday 8 – 17:30
Wednesday 8 – 17:30 Closed For Training 10 -10:30
Thursday 8 – 17:30
Friday 8 – 17:30
Repeat Medication Telephone Line
10:30 – 14:30 Daily